The Climbing Hangar is growing and to support the success of our 8th site, TCH Reading, we are on the hunt for an experienced Deputy General Manager, who thrives on building great teams to have loads of fun and achieve great results.
So, if you’re someone who wants to work for a company that will work as hard for you, as you will for it, this role might just be for you.
Find out more below...
NEED TO KNOW INFO
Benefits of working for the hangar
- Free climbing for you and a ‘plus one’ across all our centres
- Free/ discounted climbing at other local walls
- Discounted food & drinks in our café
- Discounted food & drink for you and up to 3 of your friends/ family when visiting us off shift
- Discounted climbing gear and merchandise in our shops
- Partner discounts from Black Dimond, Scarpa, Unparallel, and Evolv
- Training and development opportunities, including route setting and climbing coaching qualifications
The Climbing Hangar started life in a Liverpool warehouse in 2011. Since then, we’ve grown to become a national business with a big expansion plan. Our mission is simple – Use climbing to inspire happier, healthier, and more connected lives for everyone. We bring together epic climbing, fresh coffee, a banging café menu, and a fun filled community to cities all over the UK. We are passionate about climbing. But more importantly we’re passionate about the impact that a social, challenging, supportive, progressive and fun activity can have on people’s lives, regardless of ability, age or fitness.
The role of Deputy General Manager (DGM) is key to the effective and safe running of our Centre. This is an active, customer facing role which involves a hands-on approach across all centre operations including: reception, coaching, retail and The Hangar Café; in addition to administrative duties behind the scenes.
Working alongside the General Manager, you will identify and build upon business opportunities and drive staff performance to meet sales and service KPI's. The delivery of exceptional customer service across all departments within the centre will be the focus of this role and as such, the post holder should understand the importance of fostering a fun, relaxing and inclusive atmosphere for both customers and staff.
In the absence of the General Manager, the DGM will be the first point of call for staff, customers and business partners and so should have a well-rounded knowledge of the team; customer base and all aspects of operations.
The DGM will be well supported by our Management Teams and we will provide training and development to ensure that the right person for this role has the opportunity to grow and develop within our company
Preferred skills/ experience?
- Computer Literate
- Strong background in customer service
- Strong background in team management
- Proven record of meeting KPIs using financial and non-financial means
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of resolving conflict in a tactful and diplomatic way
- Experience of H&S compliance
- Staff scheduling experience
- Cash handling experience
- Coffee/barista trained or willing to undertake training
- Experience of Stock management
- Self-motivated and able to work efficiently independently and as part of a team
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected]theclimbinghangar.com and let us know why you think you'd be a great fit for this role and The Hangar.
To find out more about The Climbing Hangar and check out the Job Description & Person Spec for this role, click below: