If you're visiting for the first time, you will need to do an induction. You can book ahead online (recommended) or check your home wall's calendar and drop in when inductions are taking place. You only pay for your little ones - supervising adults aren't charged entry.
You can do the induction at the beginning of your session and then spend as long as you like exploring our walls. There's no need to book a separate induction session before bringing your junior climbers down for their fun.
If you're a competent climber then we'll ask you a few questions about your experience when you turn up and then you're good to go.
In Liverpool, kids aged 7 and under can climb in The Little Hangar under parental supervision and you don't need to complete a full induction. Just ensure you've watched our intro video online or in the centre, register yourself and your little ones, and you're all set (we'll be on hand to help you out when you arrive).
- Kids of all ages are welcome to come to the Hangar and make sure of the cafe spaces, but children under four are not allowed to climb unless they are part of a specialist session.
- We operate a strict adult to child ratio of 1:2 (and 1:1 for children under four - i.e. if you are bringing a baby to the centre along with a six year old who is climbing, you'll need to have two adults supervising). Please make sure you have enough adults with the group otherwise we may have to turn you away.
- You should be within arms reach of all children aged 6 and under at all times. Kids aged 7-13 should always be in your eyeline
- If kids aren't climbing, they should come off the mats (and all children under 4 must be kept off the mats at all times). Adults are encouraged to come on to the mats to supervise and stay close to their junior climbers.
- Help your kids decide whether it's safe to start climbing - is there anyone above them or about to climb across their route? Always make sure you and the kids know what’s happening above you – it’s not always possible to control a fall and climbers can be heavy
- There's no running in the centre - the mats are soft but that also makes them an unstable surface.
- Make sure you stay near the middle of the mats so there's no danger of them being hurt if someone should fall
- All our walls have areas which are restricted access for junior climbers. Please check with reception when you arrive so you know where you're allowed to climb with the kids. In London there is no access to the wall for under 14s after 6pm.
14-17 year olds
At the Hangar, 14-17 year olds are counted as adults and are eligible to come to all our adult coaching sessions. They are also welcome to climb unsupervised, but they must be accompanied by an adult on their first visit to be signed off with us.