About The Edinburgh site
The Climbing Hangar is heading to Scotland to launch our 9th site! TCH Edinburgh, will be an all-new, purpose-built bouldering centre. With heart-pounding climbs at every grade including our popular "World Cup" circuit, we offer indoor climbing for everybody. It doesn't matter who you are, or how hard you climb, you'll get the same warm welcome at The Hangar… not to mention locally sourced coffee and homemade sourdough pizzas.
In addition to an excellent café with loads of seating, the venue also boasts a remote working space, and a dedicated gym/ fitness area for training off the wall.
While we believe indoor climbing is as much about "play" as it is about "progress", we'll have plenty of toys here for hardcore climbers, including Campus boards; Hangboards; a 50° Kilter Board; and a 40° wooden Beastmaker board. There really is something for everyone.
About The Hangar
The Climbing Hangar started life in a Liverpool warehouse in 2011. Since then, we’ve grown to become a national business with a big expansion plan. Our mission is simple – Use climbing to inspire happier, healthier, and more connected lives for everyone. We bring together epic climbing, fresh coffee, a banging café menu, and a fun filled community to cities all over the UK. We are passionate about climbing. But more importantly we’re passionate about the impact that a social, challenging, supportive, progressive and fun activity can have on people’s lives, regardless of ability, age or fitness.
Whats in it for you?
- Free climbing for you and a ‘plus one’ across all our centres
- Free/ discounted climbing at other local walls
- Discounted food & drinks in our café
- Discounted food & drink for you and up to 3 of your friends/ family when visiting us off shift
- Discounted climbing gear and merchandise in our shops
- Partner discounts from Black Dimond, Scarpa, Unparallel, and Evolv
- Training and development opportunities, including route setting and climbing coaching qualifications
The role of Deputy General Manager (DGM) is key to the effective and safe running of our Centre. This is a fast paced, customer facing role which involves regularly working Front of House across all areas of daily operations (including reception, retail, coaching & cafe) to role model what ‘great’ service looks like; continually assess and improve our service/ product standards; and to foster the fun, inclusive & welcoming culture that TCH is known for. In addition to this, you will also support the sites General Manager with administrative duties behind the scenes.
Working alongside the General Manager, you will identify and build upon business opportunities and drive staff performance to meet sales and service KPI's. The delivery of exceptional customer service across all departments within the centre will be the focus of this role.
In the absence of the General Manager, the DGM will be the first point of contact for staff, customers and business partners and so should have a well-rounded knowledge of the team; customer base and all aspects of operations.
The DGM will be well supported by the sites General Manager. The Climbing Hangar will provide training and development opportunities to ensure that the right person for this role has the opportunity to grow and develop within our company.
Preferred skills/ experience
- Computer Literate
- Strong background in customer service
- Strong background in team leadership
- Proven record of meeting KPIs using financial and non-financial means
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of resolving conflict in a tactful and diplomatic way
- Experience of H&S compliance
- Staff scheduling experience
- Cash handling experience
- Coffee/barista trained or willing to undertake training
- Experience of Stock management
- Self-motivated and able to work efficiently independently and as part of a team
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected] and let us know why you think you'd be a great fit for this role and The Hangar.
To find out more about The Climbing Hangar and check out the Job Description & Person Spec for this role, click below: