We are looking for a Assistant Kitchen Manager who has managerial experience in a fast-paced restaurant or kitchen. The Climbing Hangar is a pretty unique place to work & therefore we look for people who want to be part of something different, energetic & fun.
You don't need to be climbing hard (or even be a climber) to be the perfect fit for our team, you just need to be as passionate about amazing food and coffee, as we area about climbing.
As the Assistant Kitchen Manager you will be instrumental in supporting the Kitchen team to produce fresh and exciting food options daily, as well as next level customer service.
The role of an assistant kitchen manager is a varied one. As well as prepping & serving delicious food and coffee, you can expect to support the Kitchen Manager with back end tasks such as stock control, menu planning and delivering staff training.
In the absence of the Kitchen Manager you will be the first point of contact for our team and customers, and be responsible for ensuring the highest levels of Food Hygiene and H&S compliance in our Kitchen.
Creativity is encouraged in our teams, so you will be part of a close-knit kitchen team who love to share ideas and champion local suppliers & ethical products wherever possible.
You will be supported into this role by our current Kitchen Manager and our Head of Food and Beverage.
Whats in it for you?
In return for your brilliance, you will receive:
- Enjoy free Tea; Barista Coffee and 1 free meal on every shift
- Generous discounts when eating with friends & family in our cafes off shift
- Discounts on our shop merch and specialised perks from our partner suppliers including Black Dimond; Scarpa; Evolv; and Unparallel
- Free Climbing for you and a plus one across all our sites
- Fantastic training opportunities i.e., Barista & Sourdough Training
- Being a part of championing local and ethical produce
- A daily right old laugh with your team, not to mention sick staff parties & days out
- Competitive salary, incentives; and competitions
- 28 days annual leave per year (Pro-rata & inclusive of bank holidays)
We really need you to have these
- Min. 1 years’ experience in a Supervisory/ Management position within a Kitchen
- Food prep/ cooking/ delivery experience
- Strong background in customer service and communication & interpersonal skills
- Experience of wastage management, ordering, and general kitchen operations
- Experience of Food Safety/ hygiene procedures & ensuring compliance
We would love it if you could do this/ have these skills
- Menu development
- Staff training experience
- Food Level 3 hygiene or willing to achieve this qualification
- Barista Trained or willing to undertake training
- Bakery experience/ experience working with Sourdough
Maybe you’ve never baked or tested your barista skills before? Not a problem! We’ll teach you all you need to know. What’s important is your ability to support your team to deliver outstanding F&B & customer services.
Interested? Send a cover letter and CV to [email protected] and let us know what role you'd like to apply for and why you'd be a great fit for this role.