Whats in it for you?
In return for your brilliance, you will receive:
- Enjoy free Tea; Barista Coffee and 1 free meal on every shift
- Generous discounts when eating with friends & family in our cafes off shift
- Discounts on our shop merch and specialised perks from our partner suppliers including Black Dimond; Scarpa; Evolv; and Unparallel
- Free Climbing for you and a plus one across all our sites
- Free/ discounted climbing at other local walls
- Fantastic training opportunities i.e., Barista & Sourdough Training
- Being a part of championing local and ethical produce
- A daily right old laugh with your team, not to mention sick staff parties & days out
- Competitive salary, incentives; and competitions
- 28 days annual leave per year (Pro-rata & inclusive of bank holidays)
About The Hangar
The Climbing Hangar started life in a Liverpool warehouse in 2011. Since then, we’ve grown to become a national business with a big expansion plan.
Our mission is simple – Use climbing to inspire happier, healthier and more connected lives for everyone. We bring together epic climbing, fresh coffee, a banging café menu and a fun filled community to cities all over the UK. We are passionate about climbing. But more importantly we’re passionate about the impact that a social, challenging, supportive, progressive and fun activity can have on people’s lives, regardless of ability, age or fitness.
We take pride in our Kitchens and the products which we produce and sell. We are committed to sourcing, championing and supplying locally sourced and ethical produce which is not only tasty and nutritious, but looks great too!
The right person for our Kitchen Manager role does not need to be a climber, we just want someone who is as passionate about food and coffee as we are about climbing.
Creative freedom amongst our Kitchen teams is encouraged and you will become a part of a close-knit team who love to share ideas. As Kitchen Manager you have the autonomy to develop your own menu and keep things fresh with the introduction of new and seasonable items.
Our kitchen teams have direct contact with our customers. Through chatting with them while you take orders; or make them a delicious coffee, you’ll play a key role in helping people connect and become part of our community.
As Kitchen Manager you will be supported by our Head of F&B to achieve your potential and drive the growth of the Hangar Café.
We really need you to have these
- Min. 1 years’ experience in a Supervisory/ Management position within a Kitchen
- Food prep/ cooking/ delivery experience
- Strong background in customer service and communication & interpersonal skills
- Experience of wastage management; cost control & smashing KPI’s/ Targets
- Experience of Food Safety/ hygiene procedures & ensuring compliance
- Cash handling; Stock Ordering; Back-end invoicing; and reports analysis
- Experience of General kitchen/café Operations
We would love it if you could do this/ have these skills
- Menu development
- Food Level 3 hygiene or willing to achieve this qualification
- Barista Trained or willing to undertake training
- Bakery experience/ experience working with Sourdough
Maybe you’ve never baked or tested your barista skills before? Not a problem! We’ll teach you all you need to know. What’s important is your ability to support your team to deliver outstanding F&B; customer services; and support your team to drive standards and profitability.
What do we expect from you?
We believe that life is a series of adventures, that it’s easier to get better together, that we should strive to deliver the unexpected… and we believe that applies as much to the service we provide to our customers as it does to the way we run our business and work with our teams. We’re a close-knit team and looking for a new team member that will quickly feel part of the family. We value people that are:
- Patient and willing to learn
- Curious and find joy in solving problems
- Keen to learn and add value by advising upwards
- Results orientated and able to prioritise
- Calculated risk takers with a dash of audacious energy
- Have an inherent understanding of people and how to bring the best out in them
- Serious about fun and making the world better through delivering positive micro moments
It's important to the business that our members feel part of a community and that spirit of inclusiveness begins with our team. Let's be totally clear, if you don't think being inclusive is the enlightened path, you won't like working here. Please apply elsewhere.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected] and let us know what role you’d like to apply for, and why you think you'd be a great fit for this role and The Hangar.
To find out more about the role, KPI’s and the benefits of working for the climbing hangar, click 'learn more' below.
Don’t meet every single requirement on our Job Spec? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At TCH we are dedicated to building a diverse, dedicated, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with everything required in the Job Spec, we encourage you to apply anyways. You might just be the right candidate for this role or others.