Benefits of working for the hangar
- A flexible 40 hour working week and 31 days of holiday per year
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- Free climbing for you and a ‘plus one’ across all our centres
- Free/ discounted climbing at other local walls
- Discounted food & drinks in our café
- Discounted food & drink for you and up to 3 of your friends/ family when visiting us off shift
- Discounted climbing gear and merchandise in our shops
- Partner discounts from Black Dimond, Scarpa, Unparallel, and Evolv
- Training and development opportunities, including route setting and climbing coaching qualifications
The Climbing Hangar started life in a Liverpool warehouse in 2011. Since then, we’ve grown to become a national business with a big expansion plan. Our mission is simple – Use climbing to inspire happier, healthier, and more connected lives for everyone. We bring together epic climbing, fresh coffee, a banging café menu, and a fun filled community to cities all over the UK. We are passionate about climbing. But more importantly we’re passionate about the impact that a social, challenging, supportive, progressive and fun activity can have on people’s lives, regardless of ability, age or fitness.
The role of a GM is a diverse one. As well as the usual administrative, HR, & compliance duties associated with management, we expect all our GMs to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business. This involves regularly working Front of House across all areas of daily operations (including reception, retail, coaching & cafe) to role model what ‘great’ service looks like, continually assess and improve our service/ product standards, and to foster the fun, inclusive & welcoming culture that TCH is known for.
Who is our perfect person?
The successful candidate for this role should be commercially astute, customer-focused, full of ideas to evolve the site, obsessive about nurturing the right culture and dedicated to creating a sustainable and socially minded business.
- You should be able to connect making a positive impact on people's lives to driving commercial success. Hangar General Managers have a natural gift for hospitality and inspirational leadership demonstrated through passion, their example, and their commitment.
- You should be a master of many trades with a tireless focus on brilliant basics. You already understand why friendly service, immaculate facilities, incredible coffee and cake are as important as delivering incredible climbing. You take real pride in seeing your team and customers succeed under your guidance.
- You should have a calm and systematic individual with experience of managing costs, maximising revenues and a test and learn approach to innovation.
To get a feel for our GM positions from one of our team, click here.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected]theclimbinghangar.com and let us know why you think you'd be a great fit for this role and The Hangar.
To find out more about The Climbing Hangar and check out the Job Description & Person Spec for this role, click below: